QuickBooks is an excellent accounting software for small businesses. Like any other software sometimes users face varied issues. One of the most common issues is canceling the sale in cash register in QuickBooks POS. The error occurs when a user makes any change in choosing the one in order to cancel or add any product for the cash transaction in QuickBooks POS.
The problem also appears when the sale representative enters the wrong sale entry in the cash registers of QuickBooks POS. Sometimes a cash register displays the wrong value; at that point, there arises a requirement of canceling the sale in the cash register of QuickBooks POS. The error also appears if the user faces any issue in creating the payment, then the entire sale will be canceled.
Here we have described the resolution of the issue of canceling sales in the cash register of QuickBooks POS:
- You will see the cash register may have ‘Cancel’or ‘Void’ options.
- Now you can easily delete any product from the cash list by clicking them.
- When you hit the ‘Cancel’ option, you might be asked for the accurate information of the product that you want to enter.
- Whatever the changes you have made, it will be updated automatically into the subtotal.
Note: Relying upon the make as well as the model of your cash register, you can be asked for the item identification to canceling the transaction.
When you are trying to cancel the sale into the cash register of QuickBooks POS, then another issue emerges such as the money drawer will open up after the credit sale. In case you confront this issue, follow the steps below:
- Visit the ‘Start’ menu and then click on the ‘Windows’ icon.
- In the search dialogue box type ‘Printers’ and after that hit the enter key.
- Now you have to tap the right click on your receipt printer.
- Select your ‘Printing Preference’ button right from the given drop-down menu.
- Open your ‘Layout’ dialogue box.
- Here you have to choose ‘Advanced’ function.
- Now you can see all of the cash drawers which are accessible to you. Here you have to click on the ‘Never open’ button for all cash drawer which you are suffering from the problem with.
- When you make the changes, and then click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Now quit the ‘Printers’ folder.
- Now shut down the PC as well as a printer.
- Wait for a moment before you switching on it again.
- Then turn on your computer and printer.
- This reboot procedure will allow your PC and printer in order to fix the new changes that you created.
- The above-mentioned steps must fix the issue.
If you are still experiencing the issue after following the described resolution, then you must get in touch with our POSTechie QuickBooks POS support team. We are offering all kinds of resolutions related to QuickBooks POS and we will be happy to help you with this.