QuickBooks is one of the most powerful accounting solutions which is used by small and medium businesses globally. It not only helps in managing all their accounting activities but come with many tools and add-ons which helps you in integrating it with other software. It can be easily operated by anyone but there are some occasions when you may encounter errors. They are some common errors, if not resolved soon can be problematic for you. On such error is QuickBooks Error Code 1005 which occurs while accessing company files.
QuickBooks Error Code 1005
QuickBooks Error Code 1005 occurs when you are trying to access a data file. This error code signifies that the file which you are trying to open is opened somewhere else or stuck. Generally, when you try to access any QuickBooks company data file from your older version of QuickBooks software which was recently updated to newer version of QuickBooks, you encounter this error. There is also another reason for the occurrence of this error which is hosting for your file might have been lost. It mostly occurs when a file is used on a multi user mode on multiple computers with a number of users. The symptoms of this QuickBooks error are:
- Codec error pop-ups on your monitor screen.
- Script error dialog box.
- The file does not exist option.
Also Read: Instant Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1003
QuickBooks Error Code 1005 is an internal error which can be resolved easily by following the solutions mentioned below but make sure you can easily access all your files on new version of QuickBooks.
- Go to your Latest updated version of QuickBooks solution.
- From the file menu, open or click on Restore Company option.
- Now you will have to select “Open Company File” option and click on “Next” option.
- Browse and click on Company file which you want to open.
- Click on “Open” option now.
- Click on Start menu.
- Go to all programs and click on QuickBooks.
- Now select QuickBooks Data server manager.
- When the window opens up on your screen, click on scan folders tab.
- You will have to select add folder option with files and then click on scan.
- You will have to confirm a heading “QuickBooks Company file found”.
- Try to open the file.
The above solutions are recommended by Intuit experts to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1005. If this error still persists or you have some query regarding the software, you can always contact QuickBooks error support. Their helpline is open 24*7 but, in case you are unable to connect with then try reaching out to QuickBooks Customer Support. They are QuickBooks consultant who provide third party assistance to QB users across the globe. They have an expert team of QuickBooks professionals who have dealt with similar problem in past and come up with best solutions in minimal duration of time. To get in touch with them, you just have to call on their Toll-Free number +1-800-935-0532. They are available round the clock so that you can contact them at any point of time.