QuickBooks is bookkeeping solutions which simplifies your business. It is used by small and medium business round the world and strongly recommended by them for accounting. QuickBooks runs easily on Microsoft Windows as well as Mac operating system. It offers on-premises accounting applications as well as cloud based versions which helps you in managing your business payments i.e. transactions, managing and pay bills and, payroll functions. Though QuickBooks helps you in administering your accounts but on occasions even QuickBooks crash and face some technical errors like QuickBooks Error 1006.
Cause of QuickBooks Error 1006
You will come across this QuickBooks Error 1006 while creating, open, or use the company file. When you come across this error, then you will receive the following error message:
“Error: An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to create, open, or use the company file. Please try again”
- The possible reason for the occurrence of this QuickBooks error are:
- Your company file is damaged.
- You might have some virus or malware in your system.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1009
QuickBooks Error 1006 is an technical error which can be rectified if you follow the solution mentioned below.
Solution I: Download and Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is outlined in such a way it automatically diagnose and resolve this issues with Microsoft .NET Framework, C++ and MSXML. You will have to perform manual steps to rectify Microsoft component related issues, it is advised to run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool to resolve this issue efficiently.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1005
- Switch On your system.
- Open your browser to download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- You will receive a pop-up, to save this file.
- Save this file in local desktop of your system.
- Close all other programs which are running in your system.
- Double click on QBInstall_Tool_v2.exe file. It is a setup file. (It generally takes 20-30 minutes to complete the whole process. It totally depends on your internet speed and system performance).
- As your diagnostic has completed, reboot your system.
- Now look for any updates which are pending. If any, update it.
Solution II: Download Windows Updates to install missing updates pertaining to .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++
- Check whether your Windows Operating System is up-to-date.
- If it is out of date then there are chances that QuickBooks may not be able to install it or open in a correct manner.
- Access Windows Update in your system by clicking on Windows Key from your keyboard and typing “Windows Update”.
- As your installation is complete, restart your system.
Also Read: Instant Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1003
Intuits experts have recommended solution mentioned above to resolve this QuickBooks Error 1006. It is a technical error which is quiet common in QuickBooks. If you are unable to resolve this error by solution mentioned above then contact QuickBooks customer support. If by any chance, you are unable to contact them and you are looking for other alternatives then try connecting with QuickBooks Point of Sale Support. They are QB consultant who provides technical support. To contact with them, you will have to call on their customer support toll-free number +1800-935-0532. You can contact anytime as they are available 24*7.