QuickBooks Error Code 12002 encounters due to internet failure on the system. The accountants face this error while accounting management or when users perform the QuickBooks update. This blog contains relevant insights into QuickBooks Error Code 12002 including causes and troubleshooting. Let’s verify the causes and the resolutions of the same.
Causes for QuickBooks Error Code 12002:
- Software is facing server error through network timeout
- Sometime this error may occur when internet explorer is not set as a default internet browser
- Some SSL errors exist due to its improper settings
- Security software including firewall settings interrupts the connection
- Slow internet connectivity
- Browser is not set up properly
- Antivirus conflicts software update.
Things to do prior resolving QuickBooks Error Code 12002:
Before attempting to fix this error look at the following pointers:
- Make sure you take a full Company file backup
- Update QuickBooks Software.
Steps for backup:
- Open QuickBooks software
- Locate to File
- Click on Back up company
- Select Local backup.
Instructions to update QuickBooks:
- Terminate QuickBooks application
- Click and hold Ctrl button till the QuickBooks software run on your system
- Discover the help section to click on Update QuickBooks
- Select and click on Update Now
- Hit Get updates button
- After successful completion of Update, click on the Close button.
Follow the simple troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks error 12002:
Review the Internet Explorer settings:
Internet Explorer settings can be a cause of this error. To review your Internet Explorer settings:
- Sign-out from QuickBooks Software
- Open Internet Explorer on your system
- Discover Tools with the help of Alt key and then click on Internet options
- Locate security tab to select the Globe icon
- Check the security level is Medium-high
- Discover the section of Connection to click on Never Dial a connection
- Hit OK button
- Explore LAN settings to ensure the automatically detect setting is enabled
- Verify Use a Proxy server is disabled
- If Use a proxy server is enabled then write about port and address
- If a port number is 80 then erase the selection on checkboxes to perform testing
- Click OK
- Explore Restore Advanced Setting under the advanced tab of Settings and discover Use TLS 1.2 and enable it
- Click Ok
- After this, close the browser and restart your system.
Set Internet Explorer as Default Browser:
- Ensure Default Browser present in your system
- Hold Windows+ R keys to display run window
- Enter INETCPL.CPL and hit OK
- The window appears with programs
- Locate the programs tab and select Make Internet Explorer the default browser
- Select the browser that you want to set as a default browser.
Check the internet connection of the system
- Locate Help and hit Internet Connection Setup
- Explore whether your PC has a working internet connection.
- Click Next and then Done
- Verify the Error 12002 QuickBooks is solved or not.
Hopefully, the above-discussed troubleshooting solutions resolve QuickBooks Error 12002. In the meantime, if you still, face any other difficulty while solving any functional or technical errors, call our certified QuickBooks customer helpline number +1(800)935-0532 to seek assistance. The team devotes their time to provide you the best solution and information. You can also drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or do a live chat.