QuickBooks Error 12002, 12007, 12009, and 12031 occurs while updating payroll or QuickBooks desktop. Sometimes, you will encounter these errors due to the failure of internet connectivity. This error is also occurred due to the incorrect browser and security settings.
This post contains relevant insights into QuickBooks Error Code 12002 as well as causes and troubleshooting. Let’s verify the reasons and the resolutions of the same.
Causes for QuickBooks Error Code 12002, 12007, 12009, and 12031:
The causes of QuickBooks error 12002, 12007, 12009, and 12031 are mentioned below.
- Software is facing server error through network timeout
- If you are not using Internet Explorer as a default
- Some SSL errors exist due to its improper settings
- Security software including firewall settings interrupts the connection
- Slow internet connectivity
- Browser setting is not proper.
- Antivirus conflicts software update.
Follow the simple troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks error 12002, 12007, 12009, and 12031:
Test Connectivity and Settings.
As we know, Quickbooks uses Internet Explorer as a default browser to access the internet. So, check your browser setting to fix this issue.
- Download TLS 1.2 Utility
- Run the TLS 1.2 Utility
- Make sure you are using Internet Explorer as a default browser. If you are using another web browser then set up Internet Explorer as default browser
- Ensure can you access secure websites outside of QuickBooks Desktop, such as the sign-in page of your financial institution?
If you are unable to access secure websites outside of QuickBooks Desktop, Consult experts to resolve this issue.
Review the Internet Explorer settings:
Internet Explorer settings can be a cause of this error. To review your Internet Explorer settings:
- Sign-out from QuickBooks Software
- Open Internet Explorer on your system
- Discover Tools with the help of Alt key and then click on Internet options
- Locate security tab to select the Globe icon
- Check the security level is Medium-high
- Discover the section of Connection to click on Never Dial a connection
- Hit OK button
- Explore LAN settings to ensure the automatically detect setting is enabled
- Verify Use a Proxy server is disabled
- If Use a proxy server is enabled then write about port and address
- If a port number is 80 then erase the selection on checkboxes to perform testing
- Click OK
- Explore Restore Advanced Setting under the advanced tab of Settings and discover Use TLS 1.2 and enable it
- Click Ok
- After this, close the browser and restart your system.
Set Internet Explorer as Default Browser:
- Ensure Default Browser present in your system
- Hold Windows+ R keys to display run window
- Enter INETCPL.CPL and hit OK
- The window appears with programs
- Locate the programs tab and select Make Internet Explorer the default browser
- Select the browser that you want to set as a default browser.
Check Security Settings
The error remains the same after using the Previous method to fix the error. Check the Security setting of your computers, such as firewall settings and Antivirus, because these applications may prevent the download of updates.To fix this issue Set up firewall and security settings for QuickBooks Desktop
If the error remain same start Microsoft Windows in safe mode with networking and try downloading the update again.
More Solution for 12002, 12007, 12009, and 12031
After applying all the solutions, the error still exists, then use these methods:
- Restart your computer, reset your QuickBooks update then attempt to download and install the update.
- Repair IE
- use Quickbooks clean install in Selective Startup
Hopefully, the above-discussed troubleshooting solutions resolve QuickBooks Error 12002. In the meantime, if you still, face any other difficulty while solving any functional or technical errors, call our certified QuickBooks customer helpline number +1(800)935-0532 to seek assistance. The team devotes their time to provide you the best solution and information. You can also drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or do a live chat.