Users encounter QuickBooks error code 15222 when they download a payroll or maybe while updating the software. However, QuickBooks release every time for updates and it is important to avail of various new features also the improved existing features. As users know that the error is also the part of any software and this error occurs when they are unable to download payroll updates successfully.
In other words, this error is related to payroll services because QuickBooks fails to verify the digital signature of the desired file or folder. This error may also cause due to browser compatibility and corrupted software and sometimes because of Internet connectivity.
What triggers QuickBooks error code 15222?
There are many reasons for this error message which pops up on your screen while updating QuickBooks software or for payroll services. Here are some of the considerable reasons that users usually face while using the software. These include:
- Anti-spyware, anti-adware and anti-malware are some of the infected-virus and these can consider as a threat when you update your software.
- When QuickBooks is not able to verify the digital signature any more then you may come across this error
- The issue because of internet poor connectivity
- There is no proper setting in the internet explorer; keep your setting in the default browser.
Effective methods to eliminate QuickBooks error code 15222
However, there are various ways available through which you can resolve your error but check out these effective methods in the mentioned below to fix your error easily.
Method 1: Install a digital signature certificate
- Initially, close the QuickBooks Desktop software
- In case, if QuickBooks is not close then you’re not able to see the Digital Signature tab
- Go to C drive then Program Files then Intuit at last QuickBooks to do Windows Search
- Then, Right-click on QBW32.exe and select properties
- Now, you can see Digital Signature tab just click on that
- Make sure that you have selected Intuit Inc. in Digital signature list
- Next click on Digital signature details window to select details
- Hit on View certificate on the same
- Ensure that certificate is installed successfully
- Then continuously click on Next until the pops up message stop showing
- when you complete the aforementioned steps then need to restart your QuickBooks Desktop once again
- Keep it for Download again.
Method 2: Check the Internet Explorer settings
- The first step is to set the Internet Explorer as a default browser
- Ensure the time and also the date of your PC is right
- Also, check for Cipher Strength
- Next, Go to tools in that select the Internet options to check or update the entire settings
- Then, go to the general tab and select the Delete option
- Now, choose the temporary files of the Internet and hit on Delete tab
- In the Connection, you can see LAN Settings just click on that
- At last, just do the tick mark in the checkbox for “Automatically Detect Settings”
- Make sure that you have been marked SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0.
How to reach us?
It is expected that the above solutions help you effectively to resolve QuickBooks error code 15222. In case, you are still not able to perform any steps or getting stuck in any above steps feel free to reach out to QuickBooks technical support toll-free number +1(800)935-0532. You can go through other options i.e. sending an email at email@example.com or can do a live chat with dedicated QuickBooks Specialists.