QuickBooks Point of Sale is one of the most used POS solution which is especially designed for small and medium industries. You can enjoy the benefits of POS as Intuit provides hardware device along with the software. While working on this QuickBooks POS software, you can find some issues which may hinder your work. These issues can be referred as technical or function errors. One such technical error is caused when you try to install Windows 10 on a system with POS version 12. This error prevents you from opening any company file on any workstation and the servers as well.
The reason why you encounter this error is that the latest Windows 10 update is restricting your QuickBooks Point of Sale. It stops the proper functioning of the Intuit Entitlement Service which is essential for the working of QuickBooks Point of Sale. Now, you won’t be able to open any company file in your QuickBooks Point of Sale.
Read more: How to Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
Solution to Fix QuickBooks Runtime Error
To resolve this QuickBooks Point of Sale error, you will have to make some minor adjustments in the SERVICES section on your main SERVER. These changes are not to be made on your actual workstation. Here are some steps which are mentioned below by which you can easily rectify your error:
- Close the QuickBooks software running in your system.
- Close all the other applications in your system and restart your system.
- Log in to the system as the “Administrator”.
- Long hold the Windows Key + R key from your keyboard.
- Run window will appear on your computer screen.
- In the search field of the Run dialog box, type services.msc.
- Click Enter.
- Click on the Intuit Entitlement Service v8 for 2013 and 12.0
- Click on the Intuit Entitlement Service v6 for 10.
- Select the suitable version of Intuit Entitlement Service and right-click on it.
- Select the properties option from the list.
- Properties Window will open up, from here click on Startup type menu and click on Automatic option.
- Start the above service by pressing the Start menu.
- Press OK option and turn off the properties window.
- Click X button present on the top right corner and close the Services Window.
- Close and open the POS application.
Read more: QuickBooks Runtime Error Visual C++
The solutions suggested above will rectify your QuickBooks Point of Sale error. In case, you need to make further enquiry about the error or software, you can also contact the QuickBooks Customer Support. If you are unable to get in touch with them, then you can also visit “QuickBooks point of sale support”. They are QuickBooks customer support providing agency that will help you in resolving your issues. They provide round the clock services, so you can get in touch with them at any point. To contact them, you just have to call on their Toll-Free support phone number 1800-935-0532. There also other options to get connected to them like, you can write an email to online email support or visit their website and request for online chat support.