QuickBooks Point Of Sale is a widely used retail solution. It is well equipped and reliable all-in-one solution. It has many in-built features which will make the work of many merchandising solutions easy. It is an easy software but under certain circumstances, a user may come across some technical errors as in QuickBooks POS Error 1706. It is one of the POS installation error like error code 1304, error code 1642 or “IntuitUpdateService” error.
Cause of QuickBooks POS Error 1706
QuickBooks POS Error 1706 is the installation error. Users will receive this error when they try to install from a removable media like CD or a DVD. The user will receive the following message if they encounter this installation error:
Error Message: “No valid source could be found when opening Point Of Sale”.
After you encounter this error, your system will slow down and response time will lag. If you have multiple applications running in your system then your system may crash or freeze.
The various reasons responsible for this QuickBooks POS error 1706 are:
- User have installed the Point Of Sale software from corrupt or damaged file.
- User has a Beta version of Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 installed in their system.
- Improper installation of Microsoft .NET Framework.
- When the windows file gets corrupted.
- Excessive startup entries
- Registry errors
- Hardware/RAM decline
- Fragment files
This QuickBooks Point Of Sale error can be resolved easily. You just have to follow the steps below:
Download, install and run Microsoft Fixit/ System File Checker tool
- You need a QuickBooks Point Of Sale installation CD.
- Start your computer.
- Check your internet.
- Download System File Checker tool or Microsoft Fixit.
- Install and run this software on your system.
- To install System File Checker tool (SFC) use scan now option.
- It will repair all Windows operating system file which consist of all Microsoft .NET Framework.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1723
Reinstall the POS Software.
- Uninstall the Quickbooks POS software.
- Now reinstall the POS software and this shall resolve your errors.
Check for all the latest update for your program
- Open the Product updates page.
- Check whether you have selected POS as your product.
- Carefully read the instructions and install updates manually.
- Restart your system.
Intuit has provided three solutions to resolve QuickBooks POS Error 1706. After trying to amend QuickBooks POS error, user still is not completely satisfied with outcome, then they can contact QuickBooks technical support for assistance.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks POS Error Code 175305
QuickBooks Point of Sale
QuickBooks POS error support which is setup by Intuit due to various reasons. They are QuickBooks consultants who have an elite team of QuickBooks expert who are always online so that a user can contact them anytime. You can visit their website QuickBooks POS error support and call on their Toll-Free number 1800-935-0532.