QuickBooks POS is the essentially all-in-one retail solution from the QuickBooks. It is a simple way by which you can mostly reduce the trouble of entering the data manually and reconciling. It accepts all kinds of payments i.e. customers can pay you in cash or can use various cards or other available options. Another exceptional feature of the QuickBooks POS is the Ring sales which is an optional bar-code scanner. It will customize all the customer information for the CRM. Then there is track your inventory where your inventory will always be up-to-date with every transaction taking place as well as giving you the insight of what is best for you. Other features such as track and reward customers, Sync with the QuickBooks and working with the Microsoft Surface Pro makes your work easy. But even though it has such exceptional features and helps you in reducing your workload, there are situations where you may some doubts or encounter errors like QuickBooks POS Error 3180. In such a situation you can try the solutions given below.\
Error Code 3180: There was a problem with the General Journal Transaction
In this situation, the cause of the error is the damaged voucher. So try the following way to resolve the error:
- Alter the voucher.
- Regenerate the voucher once again.
- Finally, run the financial exchange.
- Now your error has been rectified.
QuickBooks POS Error 3180: …..QuickBooks error message: A/P (or A/R) detail line must have a vendor.
The user encounter this error when a Quickbooks Desktop A/R or A/P account was used to initiate a Paid Out in the QB Desktop POS. Now you will receive two types of error codes.
Status Code 3180: “Status Message: There was an error when saving a General Journal transaction. QuickBooks error message: A/P detail line must have a vendor.”
If you receive any one of the error messages. In that condition, try the steps given below to resolve the error:
- Click on the Sales History of the Point Of Sale’s navigator field.
- Then there is a column Receipt Type, here you will have to select a most recent receipt which is tagged as the Payout.
- Now click on I Want.
- Select the option Reverse.
- Now re-generate the Paid Out using an account different than A/P or A/R.
QuickBooks POS Error 3180: QuickBooks error message: The posting account is invalid.
During mapping the accounts in the QB Desktop POS, a wrong type of QB Desktop account was used, you may receive the following error:
“Status Code 3180: Status message: There was an error when saving an Items list, element “XXXXXXXX”. QuickBooks error message: The posting account is invalid. 140108 payment item lookup error “XXXXXXXX”
How to resolve this POS Error 3180
Solution I: For QB Desktop POS
- Go to the File menu.
- Select the option Preferences and then click on the Company option.
- Go to the Accounts option, Click on it. This option is under Financial option.
- Now you will have to check for the Basic as well as the Advanced tabs to make sure that the actual mapping is correct.
- Now Click on Save option.
- Now you can successfully run the financial exchange.
Solution II: For the QB Desktop
- Open the Lists menu.
- Now click on the Item list.
- Check each and every POS item in the list to make sure that each and every item in the list is using the proper account.
- Now you can run the financial exchange.
Now here are a few cases where you receive the Quickbooks POS Error 3180. You can also read about how to resolve the errors but if you still face some problem while resolving the error or you need some assistance. In that situation contact the QuickBooks support. The POS support is the authentic QuickBooks consultant that provides the customer support assistance to the POS users. To contact them you will have to dial the support Toll-Free number +1800-935-0532. You can also visit their website for more information about QuickBooks POS error support.