Thinking about whether you can have in excess of one account in the QuickBooks Point of Sale? Then the appropriate response is YES! In case you have more than one company and you want to manage their accounting and financial activities via QuickBooks Point of Sale, then you don’t have to purchase another QuickBooks Point of Sale software.
You can easily access the multi-accounts on the single QuickBooks POS application. Furthermore, the procedure of Set up QuickBooks Point of sale for Multi Store is quite the same as making another company account on the QuickBooks Point of Sale.
In order to assist you to set up multiple accounts in QuickBooks POS, below we have mentioned step-by-step instructions which you can easily follow.
Follow the step by step instructions in order to set up multiple accounts in the QuickBooks POS.
Steps for Set up QuickBooks Point of sale for Multi Store
- Open QuickBooks.
- Visit the main menu and then click on the File button.
- Select New Company from the drop-down list. The New Company dialogue box will now open.
- Now click the Start Interview
- Then enter the name of the company along with the address and other required contact details in the given fields.
- Then click the Next button.
- The Filename for your New Company window will display, as asked move to the respective folder where you want to save your company’s file.
- When you have selected the folder, then click on the Save button and QuickBooks will now create your new company file.
- After that click on the Next button to continue.
- Now enter the required information in the remaining pages of the interview setup wizard in order to finish the process.
- After the completion of wizard setup, you have to click on the Finish button.
- Repeat the procedure to set up additional accounts. If you want to switch amid multi-accounts, then click on the File menu, and then select the Open Previous Company rights from the drop-down list.
- Go to the company file and then click on the Open button.
Points to keep in mind
When you are creating the multi-accounts in the QuickBooks, there are some things that you must know.
Find some crucial points to keep in mind while you are performing the setup of multi-accounts in the QuickBooks Point of Sale involved:
- In case you need to import the data from the QuickBooks POS desktop version, remember that it must be completed in the first 60 days.
- Ensure that all your QuickBooks point of sale accounts are secure and password protected as well as the company has its own particular set of users authorized by the Master Administrator or the Company Administrator. Furthermore, giving access to the user to one of the companies does not allow them to access accounts of the other company in the QuickBooks point of sale.
- In case you want to give an access to a user of your multi-accounts, then firstly you should add them to the list of the users in all of the company accounts.
We totally understand that how getting an error or issue can hamper your business. That is the reason why the QuickBooks POS Support Team at POSTechie offers colossal POS Technical Support for your QuickBooks application and investigates any sort of issue effectively. With our complete QuickBooks POS Technical Support, you can essentially rest at ease. Call on toll-free number 1800-935-0532 to speak to our QuickBooks experts.