QuickBooks accounting software is a comprehensive solution which is integrated with several add-on tools and features. QuickBooks is incorporated with Microsoft products which makes your work more effective. They will make your work easier but there are certain situations when you encounter some errors that may interrupt your work. One such common error is “Microsoft Visual C++ error Library runtime error”. It is caused when there is conflict between two or more programs. It may be caused while you are working on the following:
- Setting up your QuickBooks Payroll.
- Executing QuickBooks Payroll scan or checkup.
- Emailing the pay stubs via QuickBooks
Note: Generally, the library file in QuickBooks requires Visual C++ installed in order to execute the programs. If you don’t have Microsoft Visual C++ installed in your system, then QuickBooks Desktop will automatically install it. If it is damaged or removed, then you must install it immediately.
Read more: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code -6000
Resolution of QuickBooks Runtime Error Visual C++
Here is a solution recommended by QuickBooks experts which will rectify this QuickBooks error.
Solution: If error occurs while Payroll setup
- Log in to the system as the Administrator.
- From your Windows system, click on Start and Run option.
- Go to Open box and in the search field enter msconfig.
- Press OK from the dialog box.
- From the System Configuration Utility windows, you will have to go to General tab then click on Selective Startup.
- In Selective Startup, clear the checkbox of Load Startup Items.
- Go to OK.
- Reboot your system.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop in your system.
- Complete the Payroll setup in your system.
- Now, follow the first four steps.
- From the Selective Startup, check the box of Load Startup Items then reset your system to normal mode.
- Restart your computer now.
Also See: Read more about QuickBooks Hardware POS
Now you should try to perform clean install/reinstall in Selective Startup.
- Press Ctrl + R to open Run Command window.
- Type msconfig in the search field and click on OK option.
- From General tab, choose the selective startup, Load system services and Load startup items.
- Go to Services tab.
- Choose Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Press Disable all option now.
- Clear the checkbox for Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Validate the list of services as well as make sure that the Windows Installer checkbox has been checked. If not, then you will have to click to select and press OK now.
- Press the Restart option which is available in the System Configuration window to reboot your computer.
- Now, you can easily install, re-install the QuickBooks software.
As the installation of QuickBooks is complete then you will have to follow the steps below to reinstate your computer system to normal configuration:
- Hold the Ctrl key along with the R to open the Run command window on your screen.
- In the search field of the Run Command Windows type in msconfig and press OK option.
- From General tab, choose the Normal Startup option and press OK.
- Press the Restart option from the System Configuration window to reboot your system.
The solution above is suggested by QuickBooks professionals. If you need more information regarding the software or you need some technical support assistance then you can contact “QuickBooks Point of sale support phone number”by calling on their 24*7 toll-free number +1800-935-0532.