QuickBooks is a well-known accounting software which is specially designed for small and large businesses around the world. It is very easy to use and anyone can start using efficiently this application. However, sometimes it may face some issues like other software.
The QuickBooks Point of Sales Printer Not Working is a very common issue today. QuickBooks POS printer issues can be extremely baffling.
The Printing problems in QuickBooks POS may happen if:
- The printer isn’t compatible with the QuickBooks Desktop POS
- Thermal paper isn’t accurately placed into the printer
- The printer isn’t interfaced to the PC
- The printer isn’t properly configured on the QuickBooks POS preferences
- The printer is in offline mode
- You are trying to print the non-thermal tags
- Damage or corruption into the installation of the printer driver
- Several printers were sent with erroneous power supplies which didn’t supply adequate voltage to your printer
- When your printer drives are corrupted or damaged
Resolution of the QuickBooks Point of Sales Printer not working error
Solution 1: Make sure your printer is switched on, the cables are accurately linked, and the paper is accessible
- Disconnect the cable and then reconnect it which is running right from your printer to your PC at both of the ends.
- Make sure that your printer is switched on and plugged in.
- Make sure that the paper is printing on the right side.
- Make sure the power supply is running 20 volts. Ideally, utilize the stock power supply.
Solution 2: Configure your QuickBooks POS preferences
- Choose the File menu> go to the Preferences option> then open the Workstation.
- Choose the Documents and Printers function. Ensure that the printer is ideally selected on your suitable line.
- Ensure that a suitable Template is selected for the printer.
- Then, you need to click on the Save button.
Solution 3: Ensure that your printer is online and your queue is empty
- Click on the Windows menu and then select the Control Panel button.
- Then, select the Devices and Printers option.
- Tap the Right-click on the printer which is unable to print. In case the Use Printer Online is accessible, then pick it to bring your printer back to online.
Solution 4: Check the properties of your printer in order to make sure you have selected the right USB port
- Click on the Windows menu and open the Control Panel.
- Click on the Small icons from the column View by drop-down.
- Click on the Devices and Printers button.
- Tap the Right-click on the printer name and select the Printer properties.
- Click on the Ports option and then click on the right USB port for your printer. In case you don’t know the one which is right, connect with your PC administrator right away.
- Click on the OK button.
- In case the USB is an unavailable port at the point interface the printer to a different USB port and then follow the procedure again.
In case no USB port is detected while attempting every one of the ports on the PC, then one of the accompanying issues exists:
- The USB cable is damaged.
- The PC may not be able to recognize the USB devices.
If you need professional assistance, contact our PosTechie QuickBooks Point of Sale support team on 1800-935-0532.