QuickBooks unable to create PDF is the issue, which is often encountered by the users. Moreover, the PDF utility tool provided is also not able to solve this issue properly. There can be various reason for this issue to occur, but the foremost reason for this issue to occur is, recent upgrading of the operating system or improper setting of emails.
Causes QuickBooks is Unable to Create PDF – Know Why QuickBooks is not creating PDF
- PDF Converter activation errors, like error -41, -30.
- Inappropriate installation of the Pdf converter or the missing pdf file components.
- At the time of account reconciliation, the QuickBooks software freezes.
- The print device is not ready to print or there is no proper connectivity with the printer.
- Some issues of print driver occur while operating in the 32-bit application.
Resolving QuickBooks Cannot Create Pdf File
Solution 1: Reinstallation of the XPS Document Writer for Windows 7
- First, open your QuickBooks software and from the main screen, go to the Start menu.
- Then, you need to choose the Printer and Devices option.
- Next, find the Microsoft XPS Document Writer from the Search Bar, and click on the remove device option by simply right-clicking on it.
- After that, you will receive a confirmation message, click on the Yes button.
- Further, select the Add a Printer option from the toolbar.
- Now, you need to choose the XPS Port and then click on the Next button.
- Next, Choose the Microsoft group that is given in the Manufacture list.
- Further, tap on the Microsoft XPS Document Writer.
- At last, select the option named Replace Current Driver and click on the Next button.
Solution 2: Prepare the new template for the form
- Firstly, Open your QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Then, start preparing a new template according to the form, that is to be used by you.
- Next, modify the transaction according to your requirements, and check whatever you have changed.
- After that create the .pdf files.
Solution 3: Use of QuickBooks PDF and Print repair tool.
- Firstly, go to the official website of intuit, and download the QuickBooks repair tool and run it.
- Then check for the files having extensions as .pdf and start the fixing.
- Once done, you need to reboot your system and examine if the error continues or not. Ifyes, then go to the temp folder and change the permissions.
- To know for the procedure of checking the folder permissions, you can contact our POStechie QuickBooks Help team or go through the instructions provided below:
- Press the Window plus R key, to open the Command Prompt and type in %TEMP% command, and press Enter key.
- Then right click on the blank space inside the folder and choose the properties option.
- Next, choose the security menu and check for the full control for the user.
- Go back to your QuickBooks software, and start saving the pdf after these steps are successfully followed.
- The QuickBooks software uses a part of XPS Document Writer for saving .pfd files. So, whenever you face issue regarding the pdf’s or emails, make sure printing to XPS document writer is happening or not.
Solution 4: Reinstallation or repair of MSXML 6.0 and adjust the window user permissions for the XPS Document Writer.
Issues Faced by the Users
- The user is facing issue stating, QuickBooks unable to save the form as a pdf file.
- The user is not able to send or receive the email from QuickBooks.
- The user is unable to send the invoices if they have any attached pdf invoice.
Still facing issues, then make a call to our POStechie QuickBooks Point of Sale Support team, for proper guidance, and quick solution. Our QuickBooks Product Help team is available round the clock and knows every little detail of the product. To connect with our QuickBooks Helpline call us at our +1800-935-0532.