Windows Operating System 10 of Microsoft came out in the market on 29th of June 2015. This operating system is considered to be optional as user might not prefer to upgrade from their current version of OS like Microsoft Windows 8 or Microsoft Windows 7. However, for those who have actually upgraded to Microsoft Windows 10 they will require to verify whether the operating system supports their version of QuickBooks. In order to make the verification easy we have compiled certain important details regarding QuickBooks versions supported by Windows 10 below. The details are related to mostly Desktop edition and Point of Sale add-on application.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Abort Error
QuickBooks Desktop Versions Supported with Windows 10
- QuickBooks 2016 R7 Update and above: QuickBooks 2016 version’s R7 update and beyond have been approved by Intuit to garner systematic compatibility with Microsoft Windows 10. Moreover, versions beyond 2016 of Desktop and Point of Sale application can also easily get supported over Windows 10.
- QuickBooks 2015 and QuickBooks 2016 (R1-R6): As per the testing result on the earlier update versions of QuickBooks 2016, that is, from R1 to R6 along with QuickBooks 2015 version, no major problems or error were faced when the software was used with Microsoft Windows 10. However, it is still recommended to go through system requirement details provided with the software to verify that Windows 10 works seamlessly. Moreover, in order for QuickBooks 2015 to work with Windows 10, .NET Framework 3.5 which by default in always turned off should be activated in order to enhance the user experience of QuickBooks 2015.
How to enable .NET Framework 3.5 for QuickBooks 2015?
- Click on Start icon and then type in Turn Windows ON or OFF in the space available.
- Select the option labeled Turn Windows ON or OFF
- On the top of the screen, an option related to .NET Framework 3.5 is available which has to be set at enabled. Follow the steps below for details:
- If the option is not set on enabled, click on the checkbox against the option and then select OK tab. Now restart the system to save the change as permanent.
- If the option is on enabled, then the user should click on Cancel tab after which no more action is required.
Also Read: Merge Duplicate Vendors and Customers List
New Updates with Microsoft Windows 10 that User should be Aware of:
- New interface of Start Menu which is a little similar to Microsoft Windows 7 Start Menu.
- Task Switcher option facilitating Virtual Desktop
- Edge – New Web Browser , however, user can still opt for IE 11 if they want.
- Latest Version of .NET Framework 4.6
For more information regarding Window 10 Operating System, it is advised to contact the customer support of Microsoft. On the other hand, for any extra support with QuickBooks software versions, experienced QuickBooks experts is the best source. If the user is unable to contact the support team due to reasons like long queue, they can try QuickBooks support agencies. One such agency is called PosTechie that can called on Toll Free Number +1800-935-0532